General and Safety Rules
- Club Members must also be a member of the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics)
- Club Members must have taken and passed the FAA TRUST Test
- Club Members must register with the FAA and place their FA Registration number on their aircraft.
- Club Members must fly in accordance with the safety guidelines of an FAA-recognized Community Based Organization.
- Guests are welcome at our field. Guests may come out to our field to fly up to 3 times. After, to continue flying at our field, you will need to become a member. (Events excluded)
- Spectators and non-flying guests are required to remain behind the fenced area and are not permitted in the flight area.
- No smoking is permitted under the 2nd larger shelter.
- Please pickup after yourself. Dispose of trash in one of the two onsite trash bins.
- The last one leaving the field for the day is responsible for shutting and locking the entrance gate.
- Members who violate the Hanover
RC Club Safety or General rules may be subject to having their membership revoked at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Pets are ALWAYS welcome. Please keep them behind the fenced in area and pickup waste.
- NO flying over Pits, Shelter Areas or Parking Area
- All flying must be done in the flight area over the runway, and out in the field area.
- Only club members / pilots / spotters are permitted in the pilot station area.
- Pilots must stand behind or in line with the Pilot Stations.
- There is to be NO vehicles/driving in the flight area. This is to ensure the property and petromat runway remain in good condition.
- If you must go onto the flight line to retrieve a plan or for any other reason, you must announce that you are going “On the Runway”
- When flying, if others are flying pattern, try to with the pattern and not against those that are already in the air.
- When landing, if others are in the air, announce your landing intentions, as “Landing Left to Right”.
- Always maintain the visual line of sight of your aircraft.
- If an aircraft goes down, you must make every reasonable attempt to recover the downed aircraft along with all of the damaged/missing pieces.
- If you cannot locate your aircraft, please notify a club officer.
- Safety is everyone’s TOP priority. If you see something, say something. It is your responsibility.
- Have FUN! Use common sense and enjoy the hobby, safely!
Report Safety Issues to our Safety Officer:
Jon Ireland – firstname.lastname@example.org